Friday, June 5, 2009

Frosty's Cafe in Metairie


Our first official blog post/review is for a restaurant that is an old favorite: Frosty's Cafe.  We had to make the treck out to metairie in rush hour traffic, but it was worth it for the delicious bubble tea and food.  Frosty's bubble tea is unique (well maybe not unique, but superior at least) because they use actual fresh fruit in the smoothies.  The counter has a display of various colorful cut up fruit that they use in the bubble teas.  I, however, skipped out on a bubble tea this time, as I had a huge buffet lunch at Mat & Naddies earlier today with dad (which was delicious, btw, but didn't bring my camera).  Anyway, I got pho ga, which is basically a vietnamese chicken broth-based soup with chicken (obviously) rice noodles, and scallions.  It comes with a plate of cilantro and mung bean sprouts and some kind of spicy pepper that can be added on to your liking.  Needless to say, it was delicious and filling and I felt like I had a fish bowl's worth of liquid in my stomach after the meal.

Ellie got a vermicelli noodle bowl with crispy tofu.  I can't say much about it, since I didn't taste it, but she did fool Dana for a second when she said it was a vermicelli bowl with french fries on top.  Ellie also got a honeydew bubble tea which I did taste and it was DELICIOUS.  Bubbles were of perfect chewiness.  But then again, you wouldn't expect anything less from Frosty's.

Jolie and Dana came along, too, but they were not prepared with their headbands, so we didn't take any pictures of them (sounds kinda mean in retrospect, I guess).  Jolie got the same soup as me, along with a taro bubble tea.  Taro bubble tea is my favorite flavor--it tastes almost like drinking liquid cake.  It is rich, to say the least.  Dana got egg rolls, filled with "mystery meat", which she described as tasty and more filling than expected.  They came with a dipping sauce that looked to be similar to pepper jelly, but then again, I don't really know what it was.  Dana also got a kiwi banana bubble tea, which is an old favorite back from high school.

Overall, Frosty's was a great dinner at a good price.  My soup was gigantic and was like, $6.95 I think.  If it didn't involve driving out to Veterans to eat there, I'd probably still be in my 4-5 bubble tea a week habit from high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment